Next Sunday morning, our church will celebrate fathers attending the service with a special gift in love and appreciation for the blessing of Godly fathers whom our Lord has placed within our church family. We thank God for our fathers.
- Fathers provide a stable hand to guide our homes.
- Fathers offer the great example commanded in the Bible in which they, “…love their wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her” (Ephesians 5:25).
- Godly fathers show the world what real sacrificial love is all about.
- Fathers demonstrate the way God feels and acts toward us and our nation as a whole.
Listen to this promise which God gave to king David, “I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men, but my lovingkindness shall not depart from him…” (2 Samuel 7:14-15). God is a loving compassionate father who never gives up and never abandons His job. Good, caring, faithful fathers show everybody around them what God looks like.
On Father’s Day we will recognize special dads and grandads attending the service. Gifts will be given for:
- The Oldest Father attending the service.
- The Father with the youngest child attending the service.
- The Father with the most children attending the service.
- The Grandfather with the most children and grandchildren attending the service.
Every father within our congregation should be aware that we love and appreciate them all. Believing fathers are the building blocks upon which the Lord establishes His kingdom and carries His work forward in the world. Thank you, Fathers of Grace, for the testimony and example you are to us all.
There was a certain child who wanted to do something great for his dad on Father’s Day. He worked hard and long enough to earn $100. He went to the bank and got a crisp, brand new $100 bill. On Father’s Day, the child gave his dad an envelope with the $100 bill inside with this instruction, “Go out and buy something good for yourself.” The Father did exactly that. He went out and bought a wonderful present for his wife.
I like that. Loving Fathers are truly a rich present to everybody around them. To their wives, to their children, to their friends, to the Lord’s church, to the community, and to the country, Fathers are the gift that keeps on giving over and over again so that our world can be the blessing God intends it to be. May God bless our fathers.