- Revolutionary War – 217,000
- Civil War – 2,213,363
- World War I – 4,734,991
- World War II – 16,112,566
- Korean War – 5,720,000
- Vietnam – 8,744,000
The total number of citizens who have served this country during wartime amounts to 41,892,128. At the present time, there are 18.2 million living veterans in America. Our country spends approximately 220.2 billion dollars each year to provide benefits to our veteran population. That amounts to about 12,100 dollars per year, per veteran. They deserve more.
What does the Bible say about veterans?
Here are 4 verses that can be applied to men and women who have served in the military:
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- “Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name.” (Psalm 33:20-21)
- “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my savior, You save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.” (2 Samuel 22:1-4)
- “Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.” (Ephesians 6:11-13)
Dwight D. Eisenhower said, “Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.”
Wise and brave men stand up and stand strong for the sake of the future. Thank a veteran tomorrow for standing so that we you have a country and a future.