Wednesday Night Prayer Service
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever, Amen –
This part of the Lord’s Prayer ends with claiming 4 attributes about God:
- Kingdom, gives Him right to rule and reign over our hearts and lives.
- Power, places the authority and ability He possesses to control and command our attitudes and conduct.
- Glory, grants to Him whatever good or reward we may receive from the work He does in us.
- Forever, points to His eternal being. He is in charge of all things both now and throughout eternity.
When we say, “Forever” we know that we are short-term, but He is long-term. He is our “Forever.” When you pray tonight, praise God for His attributes. Thank Him that He is “Forever.”
Praises and Thanksgiving
- Praise God that the day was beautiful this past Sunday.
- Praise Him for those attending in-house worship.
- Praise God for those He brought to Sunday School.
- Praise God for the tithes and offerings.
- Praise God for the joy of worship together again.
- Praise God for the children we had in Children’s Church and Nursery this past Sunday.
- Count your blessings. Name them one by one, and praise God for them.
Prayers for our People
- The family of Scott Pethel (Tina – wife, Emily – daughter, Ken, Debra, Carol and Christy)
- Christy Kent, Back at Emory, Intensive Care Transplant Unit
- Donna Roberts, COVID continues (21 days).
- Joyce Reed, recovering at home
- Doug Bryant, Cancer Treatments and extreme back pain
- Mike House, anticipated back surgery
- Joey Wilson - COVID
Prayers for our Church
- Jesus prays that we will be SANCTIFIED in the truth. We live in a world where lying is getting worse and worse. Truth is what God uses to sanctify His children. Sanctify means to make Holy or to Consecrate something for God. Untruth makes you unholy and spoils you for spiritual service. Jesus said, “You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
- “Making Christ Real on Mundy Mill” Our sign is under construction. Installation is scheduled for March.
- Pray for our 2022 Emphasis, “The Year of Our Faith,” as we preach and teach the beliefs (Doctrines) of our faith.
- Things are happening in the Lower Building. Pray for the work underway and for the workers who are getting the work done.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Team leadership. Pray that we will soon see our children returning to Children’s Church on Sundays that we will see parents and grandparents gathering again to worship.