Wednesday Night Prayer Service
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever, Amen – This part of the Lord’s Prayer ends with claiming 4 attributes about God:
1. Kingdom, gives Him right to rule and reign over our hearts and lives.
2. Power, places the authority and ability He possesses to control and command our attitudes and conduct.
3. Glory, grants to Him whatever good or reward we may receive from the work He does in us.
4. Forever, points to His eternal being.
He is in charge of all things both now and throughout eternity. When we say, “Forever” we know that we are short-term, but He is long-term. He is our “Forever.” When you pray tonight, praise God for His attributes. Thank Him that He is “Forever.”
Praises and Thanksgiving
- Praise God that the day was beautiful this past Sunday.
- Praise Him for 73 attending in-house worship.
- Praise God for the 56 He brought to Sunday School.
- Praise God for the $3,800+ received in tithes and offerings.
- Praise God for the joy of worship together again.
- Praise God for our Mission Team in Tanzania. They are well and sharing Jesus on behalf of our church family and the truth of the gospel. Did you see that Giraffe?
- Praise God for the children we had in Children’s Church and Nursery this past Sunday.
- Count your blessings. Name them one by one, and praise God for them.
Prayers for our People
- The family of Scott Pethel (Tina – wife, Emily – daughter, Ken, Debra, Carol and Christy)
- Christy Kent, Back at Emory, Intensive Care Transplant Unit
- Donna Roberts, COVID continues (21 days). Great News – Veda’s custody granted to Jessica.
- Joyce Reed, recovering at home
- Doug Bryant, Cancer Treatments and extreme back pain
- Mike House, anticipated back surgery
- Joey Wilson – COVID
Prayers for our Church
- Sunday’s Sermon is “Not Of, But Into”, John 17:17-19. Jesus prays that we will be SANCTIFIED in the truth. We live in a world where lying is getting worse and worse. Truth is what God uses to sanctify His children. Sanctify means to make Holy or to Consecrate something for God. Untruth makes you unholy and spoils you for spiritual service. I’m going to preach about truth Sunday. Jesus said, “You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
- “Making Christ Real on Mundy Mill” Our sign is under construction. Installation is scheduled for March.
- Pray for our coming 2022 Emphasis, “The Year of Our Faith,” as we preach and teach the beliefs (Doctrines) of our faith. The first doctrine we will study is the doctrine of the Bible.
- Man! Things are happening in the Lower Building. New Bathrooms, New Lighting, New Flooring, New, Ceiling in the Worship Center, New Staging, New Sound System and Booth, NEW EVERTHING. Pray for the work underway and for the workers who are getting the work done.
- Pray for our coming SUPER BOWL SUNDAY, Men’s Chili Cook Off. Pray for a great fellowship and fun as we gather together for good food and great fun.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Team leadership. Pray that we will soon see our children returning to Children’s Church on Sundays that we will see parents and grandparents gathering again to worship.