Vacation Bible School begins tonight at 6:00 pm. I CAN’T WAIT! The theme for VBS this year is “Submerged” offering our children studies from God’s word about “Finding Truth Below the Surface.” Bible studies each night will explore these topics:
- Jesus Knows Who I Really Am, Luke 19:1-10.
- Jesus Knows My Worth, John 4:1-42.
- Jesus Knows I Need a Savior, John 3:1-21; 19:38-42.
- Jesus Knows My Purpose, John 9.
- Jesus Love and Accepts Me, Mark 10:13-16.
You can see by these topics that our children will learn this week how Jesus goes below the surface in our live to know us, love us and save us because He sees who we really are. You really can’t fool God. He knows you better than you know yourself.
I love the scripture memory verse our children will be learning to quote: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24). There are other verses our children will be challenged to learn:
- “For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save the lost” (Luke 19:10).
- “I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14).
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- “For it is God who is working in you, both to will and to do His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).
- “We love because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19).
It is a great privilege to teach God’s word to children and watch them work to memorize it. It is a great blessing to hear children recite their memory verses and rejoice with them when they do it successfully. I simply love it when children receipt or read the word of God out loud. I pray that they will love speaking God word as much as I love to hear them do it.
I want to publically thank Carol Childers and all of our people who have worked so hard to make this year’s VBS an incredible, unforgettable experience for our children. Thank you teachers, youth worship leaders, decorators, refreshment providers, craft engineers, recreation activists, transportation drivers, phone callers, prayer warriors, and last but not least, staging haulers. Truly, it takes a whole church to do Vacation Bible School. I know God is going to amazing us all as we lead our children to SUBMERGE themselves in the truth of God’s word this coming week.