Here are some of the more important features we have experienced within this series:
1. Most of the Sermons are based on one “KEY” passage from each book.
2. We have covered every book that Moses wrote from the first five books of the Bible (The Pentateuch).
3. We have covered the entry of God’s people into the Promised Land.
4. We have preached sermons based on all three presentations of the Law of God to the people of Israel.
5. I have preached two sermons on the Ten Commandments.
6. We have learned the meaning of Covenant as an expression of God’s love and care for His people.
7. We have preached from all the Synoptic Gospels and the Gospel of John.
8. We only lack 5 sermons completing the entire 13 letters of Paul.
9. We have worked through major doctrines like the doctrine of salvation, the second coming of Christ, the work of the Holy Spirit, and the doctrine of the church.
10. Our worship has been focused on a systematic and thorough journey through the Bible which has renewed our interest in and commitment to God’s Word.
This story has been told about several famous preachers, but it actually happened to Joseph Parker, minister of the City Temple in London:
An old lady waited on Parker in his vestry after a service to thank him for the help she received from his sermons. "You do throw such wonderful light on the Bible, doctor," she said. "Do you know that until this morning, I had always thought that Sodom and Gomorrah were man and wife?" (Wycliffe Handbook of Preaching & Preachers, Moody, 1984, p. 213.)
I pray this series will help you love the Bible more, read it more and just maybe clear up some questions in your mind about God’s word. If there is something that is puzzling to you, or a sermon topic you would like for me to include as I work through God’s word, please let me know. After all, preaching should be centered on the word of God, led and inspired by the Holy Spirit, a pathway to exalt our resurrected Savior, and a vehicle by which the people of God are edified and encouraged. Please let me know how God is speaking to you as we Walk Through the Bible together.