Is our church perfect? NO!
The only perfect church is an imperfect church. The real question is, ARE WE A BETTER CHURCH? Yes, we are getting better every day. Let me just point out a few things:
- 2020 Year of the Bible Emphasis – Scripture Memory and Chronological Reading of the Bible
- MAY 200 Emphasis – Average Attendance, January 150, February 152 – Met 160 goal on 2 Sundays
- Paid Off 2nd Mortgage Loan - $122,000
- Building Renovation Reserve growth from $150,000 To $175,000+
- Greeters/Security Team Formed and Serving
- Transportation Team Formed and Serving
- New Church Bus Received and Route Planning Underway
- Parking Lot Lighting Completed
- Materials Purchased for Dock Enclosure and Storage
- 5 Baptisms
This week our Relocation Team will meet and continue planning for renovations on the lower building. The Civil Engineering Plans have been received and submitted to Oakwood City for approval. Once approved, we will be in a position to begin work on completion of the upper parking area, filling in the front ditch area and sidewalk construction, begin the bidding process on a waste-water disposal system and ground water retention pond.
Sometimes progress is not as fast as you thought it would be. I was reading in the book of Deuteronomy today about the time when Israel was poised to enter the Promised Land. Listen to what God said to them, “The Lord your God will clear away these nations before you little by little; you will not be able to put an end to them quickly, for the wild beasts would grow too numerous for you” (Deuteronomy 7:22). Progress is usually realized by taking one step at a time. The point is that our church is taking steps forward continually in obedience to God and for the purpose of bringing people to deeper faith in Jesus. I continue to be amazed by God’s blessings upon us as we move forward and for the faithfulness of our people as we keep on believing and serving for His Glory.